List of QoMEX 2013 Special Sessions
QoMEX 2013 will host the following special sessions:
- Affect and Physiology in QoE Research (Organizers: Katrien De Moor, Robert Schleicher, and Jan-Niklas Antons)
- QoE for Web and Cloud Applications (Organizers: Tobias Hossfeld and Lea Skorin-Kapov)
- Experiencing Immersive Audio (Organizers: Karlheinz Brandenburg, Kristina Kunze, Stephan Werner)
QoMEX 2013 Special Sessions: Context and Objectives
QoMEX 2013, the Fifth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience, to be held in July 3-5, 2013, in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Austria, will include special sessions aiming to cover case-studies, different topics joined under the specific framework of a research project, and technical and scientific advances in a specific QoE-related field of interest. Topics of interest shall be within the scope of the general call for papers.
QoMEX 2013 special sessions are expected to have between 4 and 7 papers each. Papers solicited for special sessions will undergo the same rigorous reviewing process by anonymous and independent reviewers as regular papers. If after the reviewing process less than 4 papers submitted to a special session are selected, the special session will be cancelled and the papers that passed the review process will be presented within the main technical track of the workshop. Accepted (non-cancelled) special sessions may be supplemented by papers selected from the general pool depending on the reviews of the papers originally proposed for the session.
Special Session papers will be published together with regular papers in the workshop proceedings. At least one author for each paper in the special sessions must register for the workshop and present the paper.
Call for Special Sessions
The program committee of QoMEX 2013, the Fifth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience, to be held in July 3-5, 2013, in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Austria, invites proposals for special sessions.
Proposals for special sessions must include:
- Title of the special session
- Rationale of the motivation and objective of the special session
- Session outline
- Specific topics of interest
- Contact information for the special session organizer(s)
- Short biography of the special session organizer(s)
- List of authors who have agreed to present a paper in the special session (if their papers are accepted), and a tentative title and abstract of each paper.
Proposals for special sessions should be submitted to the special session chair, Raimund Schatz (firstname.lastname@example.org), before December 12, 2012. Prospective organizers are strongly encouraged to contact Raimund Schatz in advance. Notification of accepted of proposals is scheduled for December 21, 2013, while the deadline for paper submission and review are the same as for regular papers.