In October 2012 I wrote the first blog post welcoming you to QoMEX’13. Today, we’re only a bit more than 24 hours away from the open ceremony and since October 2012, a lot happened. The QoMEX’13 organizing committee made great efforts to compile a strong technical program which I’d like to highlight in this post:
- Simon Schütte – Kansei Engineering: How to design emotional experiences into products and services
- Aljoša Smolić – 3D Video Processing, Perception, and Quality – A Content Creator’s Perspective
- Peter Purgathofer – The many perspectives of Quality of Experience
- Full papers, short papers, demo papers, oral and poster sessions
- Experiencing Immersive Audio (Organizers: Karlheinz Brandenburg, Kristina Kunze, and Stephan Werner)
- QoE for Web and Cloud Applications (Organizers: Tobias Hossfeld and Lea Skorin-Kapov)
- Affect and Physiology in QoE Research (Organizers: Katrien De Moor, Robert Schleicher, and Jan-Niklas Antons)
- Thomas Richter on HDR Image Quality in the Evolution of JPEG XT
- Industry exhibition and demo paper presentation
- Welcome reception at Seepark Hotel
- Conference dinner at Werzer’s Hotel Resort in Pörtschach incl. boat trip
I personally hope that the carefully crafted technical program, the social events, the scientific discussions, and your other activities in Klagenfurt and its surroundings, most importantly the lovely Lake Wörthersee, will make your QoMEX 2013 participation worthwhile and a memorable experience.
I wish you save trip to Klagenfurt and see you at QoMEX’13.